CITY OF WEST OKOBOJI
REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING
July 10, 2017- 6:30 p.m.
1) Call Meeting to order
2) The Pledge Allegiance to the Flag
3) Adopt Agenda
4) Approve Minutes for June 12, 2017
5) Bank Cash Reports for June 2017
6) Claims for July 2017
7) Committee Reports
• Parks & Rec
8) PUBLIC HEARING
A) Council to conduct a Public Hearing Considering an Amendment to the Zoning Ordinances creating a text amendment to the city’s zoning ordinance for the creation of a new Section 11.10 Sale of Fireworks Regulations. Proposed Ordinance No. 2017-1.
B) Council to consider Planning and Zoning Commission recommendations regarding Proposed Ordinance No. 2017-1.
C) First reading of Proposed Ordinance No. 2017-1 an ordinance creating a new Section 11.10 Sale of Fireworks Regulations of the West Okoboji Zoning Ordinance.
D) Consideration of waiving second and third readings of Proposed Ordinance No. 2017-1
E) Consider adoption of Proposed Ordinance No. 2017-1
9) Rebecca Gisel – Alliant Energy to give annual report.
10) Amending the West Okoboji Code of Ordinances:
A) Council to review and consider AMENDING THE CODE OF ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF WEST OKOBOJI, IOWA, BY ADDING A NEW CHAPTER REGARDING MUNICIPAL INFRACTIONS” Proposed Ordinance No. 120.
B) First reading of Proposed Ordinance No. 120, an ordinance amending the Code of Ordinances of the City of West Okoboji, Iowa by adding a new Chapter 8, entitled Municipal Infractions.
C) Consideration of waiving second and third readings of Proposed Ordinance No. 120
D) Consider adoption of Proposed Ordinance No. 120
11) Council to review and consider 28E Agreement with the City of Arnolds Park – Vacation coverage
12) Tom Van Overbeke to discuss additional hoist at Jeppeson Road Public Access.
13) Discussion regarding potential litigation (possible close session pursuant to Iowa Code Section 21.5 ( c ))
14) REPORT OF OFFICERS
• Mayor Reports
• Council Reports
• Administrator Reports
Posted this7th day of July, 2017